Hotel Group Careers
The Executive Housekeeper will be responsible for the supervision and control of cleaning and servicing of all guestrooms, function and public rooms in the hotel to approved standards. Their job duties are critical in the effective management of the hotel, as cleanliness is of the highest priority in the hospitality industry. The effective management of subordinate housekeeping employees will be paramount to the success of this position.
- Ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are serviced and cleaned daily to established brand standards.
- Ensure an adequate supply of clean linen and other in-room products and collateral.
- Ensure the in-house laundry is performing efficiently and the machines are properly maintained on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain a quarterly cleaning program in conjunction with Maintenance to ensure that rooms are checked for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is completed.
- Liaise with General Manager, and/or Maintenance Manager and notify them of areas in need of attention pertaining to decor.
- Ensure that VIP rooms receive the designated amenities.
- Ensure team members are coached and mentored to perform their duties effectively.
- Complete schedules and ensure that staffing levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission and payroll is completed and submitted to the Controller in a timely manner.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of cleaning materials are available.
- Ensure that staff room and office is clean and in a good state of repair.
- Ensure effective communications through attending meetings and imparting information at regularly held staff meetings with assistant housekeepers/supervisors.
- Prepare and submit, in the required format, all information necessary for budgeting purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of housekeeping related work experience required, minimum 2 years in an Executive Housekeeping role required, with a proven track record
- Brand experience is an asset
- Good problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives
- Knowledge of applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations regarding health standards for hotel facilities
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to employee privacy
- Emergency First Aid and Standard CPR preferred.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org